Cat and Dog Spay & Neuter Pricing
The Sonoma Humane Society offers two Cat & Dog Spay/Neuter programs. "Spay Pal" is a low cost subsidized spay/neuter program for Sonoma County Residents held on Tuesdays and Fridays. For non county residents we offer Wednesday surgeries (see details below).
~ All Feral cats will be referred to Forgotten Felines.
Sonoma County Residents "SpayPAL" Program
Thanks to a generous grant from the Salatko Animal Welfare Fund of Community Foundation Sonoma County all cat and dog Spay/neuter surgeries are just $30* for Sonoma County Residents.
Offered every Tuesday
(Males) 7:30 AM
(Females) 8:00 AM
(Males) 3:30 PM (same day)
(Females) 4:00 (same day)
*Price includes Rabies vaccine.
Animals must be fasted for 8 hours prior to surgery. Average recovery period is seven days. Specific post-operative instructions will be provided to you. *Cats must arrive in a hard-sided carrier, one cat per carrier.
Paperwork and payment due at time of admit. Plan for 20 minutes to complete the check in process.
*A special thanks to VIP Pet Care Services for scheduling SpayPAL appointments.
Additional charge for in-heat or pregnant animals. Proof of current FVRCP & Rabies vaccines required if over 16 wks of age . Vaccines may also be done at time of surgery at additional cost.
Post Operative Spay/Nueter Instructions
1. Keep your cat in its carrier until it can walk normally.
2. Offer a samll amount of food and water tonight when you get home.
3. Keep your cat in a warm, quiet place tonight. Avoid excitment and rough handling.
4. Keep your cat confined indoors for at least 7 days.
5. Check the incision site daily. The spay incision is closed with sutures that are beneath the skin. The sutures will dissolve in a few weeks, so no suture removal is needed.
6. Some swelling at the incision can be normal.
7. Appetite should return gradually within 24 hours of surgery. Lethargy lasting for more than 24 hours pos-op, diarrhea, or vomiting are not normal and your pet should be taken to your regular veterinarian.
8. Do not change your cat's diet at this time and do not give junk food, table scraps, milk or any other people food during the recovery period. This could mask post-surgical complications.
9.Do not bathe your cat for 7 days.
10. If there are any question or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, please call 707-284-1198 (M-F 8am-5pm). If there is an emergency after hours, please contact PetCare Veterinary Hospital at 707-579-3900 or VCA Animal Care Center at 707-584-4343; hoowever, please be aware that the SpayPAL Program cannot reimburse you for any emergency care your pet may require.
11. Your female cat received a green tattoo in her incision. Don't be alarmed by the unusual color.